Values and Guiding Principles
The Proctor Creek Stewardship Council is a community led grassroots organization that is driven by the values of stewardship, sustainability, equity and environmental justice for all.
We envision a Proctor Creek that is clean, accessible, swimmable, and fishable.
To restore, revitalize, and protect the ecological health of the Proctor Creek Watershed Basin and the quality of life of all its people
- Develop stewards who are strong and empowered leaders working for the restoration, revitalization and protection of Proctor Creek
- Develop/Grow an educated and empowered community that is positively impacting the restoration, revitalization and protection of Proctor Creek and water bodies in Georgia
- Advocate for the fair treatment and inclusion of the underserved Proctor Creek communities in the planning and implementation of projects, and the enforcement of environmental policy, regulations and laws.
- Collaborate with public and private partners to implement projects for the watershed conceptualized with community input such as with the Proctor North Avenue (PNA) Vision (Partners)
- Serve as an interdisciplinary, scientific and technical collaborative for information sharing on watershed activities in Proctor Creek
- Influence sustainable land use and water resource planning across community boundaries.